When it comes to exercises for hot abs, crunches may be the first thing to pop in your mind. In fact, some aspirers of great hot abs would only do crunches. However, there are five major abdominal muscles that need attention, and crunches do not exercise all of these abs muscles. In fact, the ideal exercise routine for hot 6 pack abs does not only involve the abdominal muscles. Cardiovascular and strength exercises should be part of the routine as well.
Work that Body!
To get ripped hot abs, ensure that the following are incorporated in your exercise routine:
1) Work all abdominal muscles. Crunches are classic, but your specific abdominal exercises should not be limited to these only. Examples of exercises that involve other abdominal parts are the following:
- Lying bicycle. From a lying position, bend your right leg at the knee while pulling your right thigh up at the hip. Curl your spine up to the right, letting your left elbow touch your right knee. Do the same routine from your other side, from the left leg.
- Standing towel circle. Stand up straight and hold a small towel (or resistance band) taut above your head. Contract abs and slowly whirl a large, wide circle over your head and around your torso with your hands.
- Seated jackknife: From a supine lying position, stretch your legs and arms and keep a pad or a form of support under the hips. Pull your legs back with knees bent. All together, bring your head, shoulders and arms forward to jackknife position pivoting on the buttocks. Hold the contraction.
2) Cardio is the way to go. Walking, running, jogging, swimming, and aerobics are good examples. Cardio burns calories and thus sheds the fat that hides your hot abs.
Belly dancing, particularly for women, is especially a good combination of cardiovascular and abs exercise. Not only can it tone the tummy and make it sexy, it is also fun!
3) Lift those weights. Building muscle through weightlifting is essential to get that great, fast abs as increased muscle mass means a faster and higher rate of burning calories.
Mind and Body Connection
If you do not believe that you can have that sexy abs, you are slowing or cutting down the results of your workout program. Imagine yourself with that hot abs and believe it. A good visualization exercise would be to imagine seeing yourself in the mirror ??? only you are seeing a sexier you with the exact kind of abs you have always dreamed of. Then, allow yourself to enter the mirror and merge with that image. Note how you feel. After getting in touch with all sensations, step out of the mirror and push it away.
Yoga can also improve your concentration and will power to stick with your routine. Meditation and daily affirmation can generally increase your results.
Follow these tips to get your desired washboard abs, complement it with a healthy abs diet, and watch the results. With these tips, you will soon be flaunting your hot abs with confidence!
Self-help expert Michael Lee has prepared a FREE extreme fat-burning course that reveals secrets on quick weight loss and how to lose belly fat fast at http://www.20daypersuasion.com/fat-secret.htm.